Friday, September 27, 2013

Shoot & Share



Do you give DVDs?

It is the question probably every client asks a photographer when they are about to book a session. My answer lately has been. NO. 
For a brief moment the person will stumble and then I will explain the following.

I am a Shoot & Share Photographer.

What is a Shoot & Share Photographer?
It is a photographer who chooses to turn over the edited digital files to the client so they can share the images and print them wherever they wish.

There are still  many photographers who choose to charge for their services and then additional fees for prints and then yet another for a DVD or a USB drive of the images. For some, this business model may still work, but this isn't how I choose to run my business.

My package prices include the fee for my services and all of the files on a link that you will be able to not only download but also share. The link has the capability to be viewed on your smartphone or tablet as well as your PC and has share features to Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. The files can be shared and viewed with friends and family worldwide. Plus, with a click of a button, they also have an option to purchase professional quality prints shipped directly to their door. 

Why do I love being a Shoot & Share Photographer?
I love it because it gives me the freedom and the capability to do what I enjoy most--be out working with my clients. My customer gets everything they want on the price we agreed upon upfront and we are not scheduling multiple meetings to exchange prints or disks. In today's busy world, it not only saves time and money, but shares with loved ones with a click of a button. 
The most satisfying part of my job is seeing my clients happy and sharing my work. There is no better way to see this in action than through the Shoot & Share business model. When a happy bride or mother shares her pictures around Facebook the excitement is absolutely electric. I have watched it happen quite a few times and the comments from others brings me absolute joy--that alone tells me I am on the right journey. 






No comments:

Post a Comment